Friday, September 18, 2009

THE NINE FORMS OF GODDESS DURGA AND NAVARATRI SIGNIFICANCE

"Yaa Devi Sarva Bhooteshu Budhi Roopena Samstita
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah"


 


The Nine Forms of Goddess Durga


Goddess Durga is the symbol of Infinite Power, Shakti, vibrant force. She provides vibrant energy, removes obstacles, eliminates all tantras with enormous Power, provides peace by eliminating evil forces through her Chandi, Durga rupa.  She wards off the people who worship her from evil eye. People worship nine forms of goddess Durga during the auspicious navaratri days in all parts of India. This auspicious period is widely known as Dassera festival in various parts of South India. Those who worship the nine forms of goddess Durga will be protected from evil forces to lead an extremely happy and prosperous life. The auspicious Navaratri period is from 19th September 2009 to 28th September 2009.


The description of the nine forms of goddess Durga to Worship during Navaratri(nine nights) days is  in the ancient scripture Devi Kavacha. The following Stortra elaborates it.


“Pradhamam Sailaputreeti ,dwiteeyam Brahma Charini,triteeyam Chandra Ganteti , Kushmandeti Chaturtakam. Panchamam Skanda Mateti Shashtam Katyayaneeti Cha Saptamam Kala Ratreeti Maha Gaureeti ashtamam, Navamam Siddhidatri “

Sailaputri(Daughter of Himalaya)

This is the first form of Goddess Durga.  Those who worship her will  be able to finish their future activities without any hurdles. She gives strong foundation to what ever we want to accomplish.  This form of the goddess also shows the beginning of spiritual life.  


Brahma Charini(Leads to Salvation)
This is the second form of Durga which signifies Penance.  The grace of Brahmacharini makes the person victorious and successful in all his undertakings. The mind of the individual becomes completely devotional with the blessings of the goddess.   Her devotees an uncanny ability to come out of complicated situations in life.



Chandra Ghanta


This is third  form of Goddess Durga  which represents bravery and courage.   She improves the courage of the worshippers by manifold.   She gives mundane success. We can get rid of our sorrows and fears to lead our life in the path of spirituality. She provides us spiritual discipline so that we can attain the perfection in our life.


Kushmanda
The fourth form of Goddess Durga is Kushmanda.The Sanskrit word Kushmanda means Pumpkin. She portrays glowing Sun with her body.  She provides lightning energy into our lives.   She resembles brilliance in the world through her splendor. A miserable life of the individual can be transformed into a successful life through the worship of Kushmanda.



Skanda Mata

 
This is the fifth form of the goddess Durga.  Skanda is another name for Lord Kartikeya. She holds infant Kartikeya in her lap. Those who worship this form of Goddess will also have the blessings of Lord Kartikeya. She represents calmness and peace. She cares for the people who worship her like a mother and bestows them a peaceful life.


Katyayini
The Sixth form is known as Katyayini.   She is the grand daughter of  Sage Kat.  She provides protection from all diseases, difficulties and fears.   Her worship removes our past life sins and make us lead a happy and comfortable life.  She is worshipped  to remove our pains, fulfillment of desires.


Kalaratri
The Seventh form is the most fiery, dreadful form of the goodess. The devotees of the goddess are free from fear and carriers of valour into the world. She eliminates all evil effects and bestows good health to her worshippers. She removes all evil spirits. The fear and danger from enemies is also destroyed.



Maha Gauri
This is the eighth form of the Goddess Durga.  The worshipper gets purification through the worship of this form of goddess Durga. She represents transformation of life into a different plane. She bestows meditational powers to the individual which provides great concentration and gives right direction to the final path of life.





Siddhidatri(Salvation)
This is the ninth and last form of Goddess Durga. She is the mother of ashta siddhis. These siddhis are Anima, Mahima,Garima,Laghima,Prapti,Prakamya,Isitwa and Vasitwa.   Lord Shiva got these Ashta Siddhis by worshipping this form of the Goddess Durga.  Those who get these siddhis through her worship can conquer the universe. She shows the path of salvation through her worship by giving the grace of siddhis.  She also represents fulfillment of worldly desires and a state of undoing of the soul.


In South India during the festival of Dassera Goddess Durga is Decorated in the following forms.
Sri Bala Tripura Sundari Devi
Sri Gayatri Devi
Sri Annapurna Devi
Sri Lalita Tripura Sundari Devi
Sri Saraswati Devi
Sri Maha Lakshmi Devi
Sri Durga Devi(Kanaka Durga)
Sri Mahishasura Mardini Devi
Sri Raja Rajeswari Devi


"Yaa Devi Sarva Bhooteshu Thrishnaa Roopena Samstita
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah"

"OM TAT SAT"

16 comments:

  1. Dear Sir,

    I had read your replies to queries at ammas com and i am impressed by your replies. I know the basics of astrology and i have a query regarding a horoscope of a boy. DOB: 18th janaury 2003, 3.18 pm bangalore. The lagna is taurus. Here three planets are retrograde saturn, mercury and jupiter. This appears a mixed horoscope with rajayogas (AK, Amk and PK association), rahu and ketu also rajayogakarakas being in kendras and assocaited with trikona lords. How to jugde mercury dasha results? Being retrograde in 8th house. But its star lord is venus and in good position. I would be immensly thankful if you can give your opinion. Thanks fo reading my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy may be a saint or satvic in his nature as two benefics are placed in the sixth house from AL. But he will always face trouble in relationships due to strong rulership of malefics in the ascendant. Three planets under retrograde hence trouble is more. Mercury is strong but his placement in eighth house, fiery sign, lordship of second house shows Mercury dasha will not yield good results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harihar,

    I am sorry for not waiting....but please tell me when will I suppose to get a reply from your side....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hari Har ji
    My DOB is :26/03/1989
    Time of Birth: 18:00 PM.
    Place: Jamshedpur
    An astrological portal a few months back told me that my Shani Sade Sati has begun from 9th September 2009. After this date I have been facing a lot of hurdles in my life especially in my relationship with my partner of 3 years which has broken don completely. This problem has affected my professional life too. Apart from this I have experienced unexpected hurdles as you had mentioned. Please enlighten me more about this phase of my life and when can i see some improvement?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the information,

    I searched a lot for the same throughout net!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sir,

    My Name is prasad my dob is 6.1.83 born in udupi karnataka at 2.40 pm hasta star kanya rashi currently i believe i m in the second phase of sade sati. kindly let me know how my next 3 years would be with the effects of sade sati. i can feel the effects of it since last 4+ year. guide me what i have to do about it

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI this is sridhar i born 16-11-1987.As iam searching for a job from past 6 months iam not getting any can please help out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Harihar,
    My son was born on 31Oct72 at 8.20PM in Gwalior (MP). What will be the effect of Saturn (sade sati) on him in 2012.

    MS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hariharji,

    My name is suchitra n my date of birth is 20th jan 1982. time 7:04 pm place is indore (m.p). I have a rogh idea that my sade sati is about to begin or maybe i have entered it.... i am a housewife and i have 2 yr old daughter also. After a good struggling period i was finding myself settled n satisfied. But this sade sati thing is bothering me like something. I dont know how its gonna effect me n my family. I will be obliged if you can guide me regarding this.
    thanks n regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Hariharji

    My Date of Birth is apr 28 1972 place Bijnor UP india
    Time of birth is 7;30am. I am currently going through Shani
    Mahadasha and Shukra antardasha. I believe shani surya
    Yuti is starting soon. Please let me know when I should see
    Some good times?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hariharji

      My Date of Birth is apr 28 1972 place Bijnor UP india
      Time of birth is 7;30am. I am currently going through Shani
      Mahadasha and Shukra antardasha. I believe shani surya
      Yuti is starting soon. Please let me know when I should see
      Some good times?

      Thanks

      Delete
  11. My DOB is :04/11/1969

    place of birth : visakhapatnam

    please let me know about ELINATISANI

    when i am going to get government job?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiee
    im Neeraja i born in 13.07.1986 kanya raasi uttara nakshatram.morning7:30 am hrs visakhapatnam .Now im in Sani in these 3 phases please kind and tel me which effectives is there in 3 pkases in sani.And tel me my life cycle please sir im waiting for your replay
    Rgds
    Neeraja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sir,
    I am Janaki, married, born in 1976 time of birth:11:30 pm, place of birth:avanigadda. I am not able to complete my education, i am not able to stay focussed on one thing for a long time.I want to lead a purposeful and good life.Kindly help me.
    I have a daughter,her name is Trinity,dob:3/12/2004, born in ranchi, time of birth:4:36 pm.Kindly tell me about her also, i want her to be a good,successful, responsible citizen

    Regards
    Janaki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Harihar,

    I am Naresh Vejendla born in 1985,
    time of birth: In between 6:00 to 6:30 AM
    place of birth: tenali, Andhra Pradesh

    I am not happy these days and i am not able to stay focussed on one thing for a long time.

    please let me know about ELINATISANI and how i job and my marriage life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. my dob is 4.2.1983 place sangola maharashtra...can i wear blue saffire......please guide for mt future......will i become wealthy......

    ReplyDelete